The Business Benefits
The challenges faced by today's payroll professionals are varied and far reaching. Our payroll software uses the latest industry research and technology, enabling you to provide a reliable, accurate and cost effect service as well as:
- Improving the payroll service
- Reducing adminstration and cost
- Using self service to empower employees
- Greater flexibility to cope with change
- Options for time and attendance
Improving the payroll service
Our payroll software provides the means to deliver a prompt and accurate payroll process. You can achieve timely and accurate pay runs in even the most complicated environments.
Features like back pay and retrospective facilities, the easy export and import of data, test pay run and reversal functions and much more give you the tools you need. Some examples of how our payroll software can raise service standards include:
- Payments outside the normal pay cycle can be processed without difficulty enabling you to respond to requests from employees and make special payments instantly.
- Critical management information can be retrieved immediately to enable quick decision making at all levels of the organisation.
- The payroll system allow easy interfaces to other databases and systems.
- Payroll information can be delivered straight to employees' desktops via Self Service giving employees access to up-to-date information whenever they need it.
Find out how other NorthgateArinso customers have improved their Payroll Services, click here to access our Case Study section
Controlling payroll administration time and cost
Powerful scheduling, automation and customisation tools within our payroll software allow you to reduce payroll administration and improve efficiency. Access to business intelligence as well, to aid decision making is just one of the many benefits which include:
- Scheduling of routine tasks so that prompts and reminders notify you that events are approaching or have expired rather than having to rely on diarised events, legislative deadlines and anniversaries.
- Automation of day-to-day administration such as sending emails, printing documents and producing reports.
- Easier completion of P11D self assessment reports as complete and accurate expense and benefit records can be captured and calculated to produce a final taxable figure for completion of the P11D return.
- Regular legislation updates reducing the time and cost of legislation monitoring within your payroll department.
Using self service to empower employees
Currently, half your time, as a Payroll professional can be tied up in administrative tasks. Self Service can potentially halve that figure by helping you to devolve responsibilities to employees and managers.
It reduces the time spent on the manual entry of data, maintaining employee records, processing requests, filing and dealing with basic enquiries. You will have more time to spend on value adding activities such as as reporting and auditing.
By capturing data from employees at the source, self service also improves the accuracy of data, potentially reducing errors in overtime payments, leave and sickness entitlement.
Greater flexibility to cope with change
Payroll systems need to be flexible, because unplanned events are bound to happen. After all, payroll departments are there to serve people whose circumstances can change at short notice. Your organisation will also undergo changes that need to be quickly reflected in the payroll function. Our systems are flexible enough to change with your organisation, including through these features:
A sophisticated set of customisation tools
Although our payroll software is designed to be implemented and used without the need to change or add to the system, when customisation is needed it can often be done by a suitably trained user rather than an IT developer.
Options on how payslips are printed
You can set up multiple payslip templates allowing you to choose the stationery that suits you. And you can even have different payslips for different groups of employees.
The ability to make payments when they are needed
As well as normal pay runs, retrospective runs can be made to process recalculations caused by changes to an employee's salary or hourly rate details. Supplementary runs can be made to make additional payments after the normal pay runs have been completed.
Time and Attendance
To provide a reliable and accurate payroll service, you need accurate workforce data feeding into the system. Our time and attendance solution does this and gives you management reports to help reduce the cost of absence and make sure that you have the right people in the right place at the right time, and with the right skills.
Click here to learn more about our time and attendance solution
The British Library
When The British Library decided to restructure its HR and payroll system for its 2,500 employees, it wanted a holistic technology solution that would enable HR and payroll to talk to each other as well as offering extra functionality such as training, recruitment and employee self-service access.
To read the full case study, click here
To integrate HR and Payroll systems, creating new administration efficiencies.
To read the full case study, click here
Integrated HR and Payroll
The needs of the HR & Payroll Manager, in both delivering a quality service to their employees, and in integrating information with different departments, has resulted in demand for a truly integrated personnel and payroll solutions.
All NorthgateArinso’s HR & Payroll solutions can be fully integrated and can help you in selecting, building, implementing, rolling out, and operating the right HR information system to support your future HR challenges.
Solutions are have been developed by in-house development teams, based both on the most up-to-date development tools available and a knowledge of what customers require in an integral environment.
To read more about our Integrated solutions click here